The MLS preseason churns onward as clubs continue their exhibition slates with an eye toward MLS is Back weekend Feb. 26-27.
Here's how teams fared in the latest round of action on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Seattle Sounders 1, Colorado Rapids 1 (First match)
The Seattle Sounders and Colorado Rapids played two 75-minute scrimmages in Tucson, Arizona on Tuesday, with the first contest consisting of predominately first-team regulars before young faces took over in the second period.
Estevez's strike came on 40 minutes, as the Brazilian combined with Diego Rubio on a sequence that ended with a shot that snuck past Sounders goalkeeper Stefan Frei. Colorado held that lead until the 70th minute, when Ruidíaz struck for the equalizer with a rebound finish after a shot from Sam Adeniran deflected into his path.
Goals (first match)
- 40'- COL - Lucas Estevez
- 70' - SEA - Raúl Ruidíaz
- COL starting XI (first match): William Yarbrough (GK), Auston Trusty, Danny Wilson, Lalas Abubakar, Keegan Rosenberry, Lucas Esteves, Collen Warner, Jack Price (C), Jonathan Lewis, Michael Barrios, Diego Rubio
- SEA starting XI (first match): Stefan Frei (GK), Kelyn Rowe, Yeimar Gómez Andrade, Jackson Ragen, Joe Hafferty; Albert Rusnák, Sota Kitahara, Reed Baker-Whiting, Nicolás Lodeiro, Léo Chú; Raúl Ruidíaz
Seattle Sounders 0, Colorado Rapids 2 (Second Match)
The Rapids took a 2-0 victory in the second match through a brace from homegrown forward Darren Yapi.
The 17-year-old found the opener early in the first 10 minutes, slotting home a cross from Steven Beitashour. He added the second via a penalty kick after Dantouma Toure drew a foul in the Seattle box, allowing Yapi to double the lead from the spot.
Goals (second match)
- COL - Darren Yapi
- COL - Darren Yapi
- COL starting XI (second match): Clint Irwin (GK), Steven Beitashour, Drew Moor, Michael Edwards, Daniel Garcia, Anthony Markanich, Oliver Larraz, Philip Mayaka, Dantouma Toure, Darren Yapi, Sebastian Anderson
- SEA starting XI (second match): Stefan Cleveland (GK), Cody Baker, Hal Uderitz, Abdoulaye Cissoko, Eric Kinzner, Randy Mendoza, Juan Alvarez, Jack-Ryan Jeremiah, Dylan Teves, Fredy Montero, Will Bruin
Real Salt Lake 1, Houston Dynamo FC 1
Fafa Picault netted in the first half, but Justin Meram scored a second-half equalizer as Real Salt Lake and Houston Dynamo FC battled to a 1-1 draw during their Tuesday exhibition match in Tucson, Arizona.
Picault broke a scoreless deadlock on 20 minutes with a headed finish assisted by Darwin Quintero that afforded the Dynamo a 1-0 lead they'd hold into the halftime break.
RSL got their equalizer in the 52nd minute through Justin Meram. The veteran winger pounced on a loose ball in the box off a chance created by Jonathan Menendez and slammed the ball home from eight yards out.
Houston's next preseason match is set for Saturday against Colorado, with RSL returning to action with a scrimmage against Utah Valley University at Zions Bank Training Center next Wednesday.
- 20' - HOU - Fafa Picault
- 52' - RSL - Justin Meram
- HOU starting XI: Steve Clark, Matias Vera, Daniel Steres, Griffin Dorsey, Tim Parker, Adam Lundqvist, Memo Rodriguez, Sebastián Ferreira, Fafa Picault, Darwin Quintero, Corey Baird
- RSL starting XI: No lineup information provided for this scrimmage
LAFC 1, Toronto FC 2
The match was scoreless until the 66th minute when Achara broke through with Toronto's opener, which was quickly followed by a tally from Perruza that doubled the advantage in the 74th minute.
LAFC pulled one back late as academy product Nathan Ordaz found the scoresheet in the 84th minute, though TFC earned the win in an exhibition match that pitted head coach Bob Bradley against his former team.
- 66' - TOR - Ifunanyachi Achara
- 74' - TOR - Jordan Perruzza
- 84' - LAFC - Nathan Ordaz
- No lineup information was provided for this scrimmage