Danladi, starting for the injured Darwin Quintero, opened the scoring in the 34th minute with his first goal of the season. Romain Metanire started the sequence by serving a ball into the box where Angelo Rodriguez chested the ball, turned toward goal and laid off to Danladi. The Ghanaian tapped in a first-time attempt.
Romario Ibarra, who came on for Danladi at halftime, doubled the Loons lead five minutes into the second half. Francisco Calvo crossed to Rodriguez, who separated from Aaron Long before attempting a shot that was blocked by the Red Bulls center back. The rebound caromed to Ibarra, who slammed in a volley.
Cristian Casseres Jr. pulled the Red Bulls to within a goal in the 70th minute with his first MLS goal. Tim Parker latched onto a Sean Davis corner kick and put his downward header on frame. Vito Mannone made the save, but the ball popped out to Casseres and the Venezuelan slammed home the rebound.
- 34’ — MIN — Abu Danladi | WATCH
- 50’ — MIN — Romario Ibarra | WATCH
- 70’ — RBNY — Cristian Casseres Jr. | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: The Loons snap a two-game losing streak and end a season-opening five-game road trip with a third win before Allianz Field opens next week. Meanwhile, the Red Bulls lost their third straight game and second in a row at Red Bull Arena for the first time since May, 2014.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Romario Ibarra scored the game-winner just five minutes after subbing in for Danladi with this sweet volley.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Rodriguez was the danger man for the Loons, playing a pivotal role in both of their goals. Ike Opara was also a beast defensively for Minnesota United.