LAFC's first act in MLS will be tough to follow ... but reloaded and recharged, Bob Bradley's side is eager to build on last season's record-breaking campaign.
Carlos Vela and Walker Zimmerman are back, as the club kept their core intact. Designated Player Andre Horta has had a full offseason to continue his integration to the league and can be a difference maker for LAFC this season.
Key acquisitions and departures
Projected Starting XI
Team strengths and weaknesses
- Strength: Elite talent, proven MLS winners, and a perennial coach of the year candidate. You could ride any three to a playoff position; all three makes you a Cup contender.
- Weakness: Their playing style doesn't leave much room for error — if it's clicking, it's gorgeous, but it leaves the team susceptible to upsets from inferior teams.
- Ben Baer: 3rd in West
- Calen Carr: 2nd in West
- Charlie Davies: 3rd in West
- Matt Doyle: 1st in West
- Bobby Warshaw: 2nd in West
- Andrew Wiebe: 3rd in West