Oh wait, “National Nachos Day” isn’t actually about our Montreal Impact midfielder? And it’s a random marketing thing? Details, details.
Piatti and the Impact are still going to face off against Columbus Crew SC at 5 p.m. ET on Sunday and if you’re watching, you’ll need snacks. Or you can just try these now, because #Friday.
We over here at MLS Digital HQ have created the ultimate lazy-person’s recipe for you: Nachos Piatti.
Nothing to give the false sense of cooking accomplishment like some microwaving, right?
The ingredients boast a nod to Piatti’s home country of Argentina; the rest is just there for nacho reasons.
- Tortilla chips
- Thinly sliced, cooked steak – Nothing gives a lazy nod to Argentina like steak!
- Milanesa de pollo – This is just thin breaded and fried chicken. We bought ours ready-made because New York is awesome like that; but here’s a quick recipe if you want to make your own. Think thin chicken cutlet.
- Empanadas – Who doesn’t like carbs and meat on their carbs and meat?
- Chimichurri sauce – Again, a lazy nod to Argentina
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pecorino – The closest thing we could find to Pecorino Sardo, an actual Argentine cheese, within a few blocks’ radius
- Dulce de leche and a good Argentine Malbec -- No, these don't go on the nachos, you savages. They're for savoring as an after-nacho finish.
Slice the meats and empanadas into bite-size pieces.
Mix some chimichurri sauce with the steak pieces.
Layer the ingredients on a plate – we went tortilla chips, milanesa, steak, extra chimichurri sauce, empanada pieces, a ton of mozzarella, and some more Pecorino on top.
Microwave. In our office machine, this took exactly 1:26.
Voila! Hearty, meaty, and with a little flair and kick at the end—just like Nacho on the pitch!