The hosts thought they had a second goal when Djordje Mihailovic dispossessed Julian Carranza in the center circle and pierced Philly's defense in a solo effort to score. However, referee Drew Fisher ruled out the goal after Video Review.
The Union then took advantage with two goals in a three-minute span. Bedoya intercepted Rudy Camacho's clearance attempt inside the box and found the equalizer in the 53rd minute. Gazdag struck for the go-ahead goal after receiving a low cross from Carranza and beating Sebastian Breza for the 2-1 lead.
Philadelphia were reduced to 10 men after Carranza drew a second yellow in the 71st minute. However, Montréal couldn't find an equalizer of their own.
- THE BIG PICTURE: Montréal have dropped their first two league matches of 2022, while Philadelphia are back in the win column after a season-opening draw vs. Minnesota. Both clubs are expected to challenge for Audi MLS Cup Playoff spots in the Eastern Conference this year.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Three minutes after the Union’s equalizer, Daniel Gazdag found the go-ahead goal to grab all three points.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Alejandro Bedoya took advantage of Montréal’s defensive misfortune and led his team to their first win of the season.
- MTL: Wednesday, March 9 at Cruz Azul | 10 pm ET (FS2, TUDN in US; OneSoccer in Canada) | Concacaf Champions League
- PHI: Saturday, March 12 vs. San Jose Earthquakes | 7:30 pm ET (MLS LIVE on EPSN+ in US, on DAZN in Canada)