Tsubasa Endoh started the scoring early on when he finished a nicely worked triangle between Richie Laryea, Marky Delgado and Jozy Altidore. Alejandro Pozuelo doubled Toronto's lead minutes later with a cheeky panenka after Altidore drew the penalty kick.
It took a bit but Colorado found their footing midway through half.
Keegan Rosenberry got one back after a fortuitous bounce, and the Rapids had a golden chance to draw even before the break after Quentin Westberg brought down Sam Nicholson inside the box. However the Toronto goalkeeper redeemed himself with a diving save of Kei Kamara's PK.
Colorado found the equalizer at the hour mark when Nicholson lofted a cross behind the defense and the ball skipped by Westberg.
- 8’ — TOR — Tsubasa Endoh | WATCH
- 13’ — TOR — Alejandro Pozuelo | WATCH
- 43' — COL — Keegan Rosenberry | WATCH
- 62' — COL — Sam Nicholson | WATCH
- 70' — TOR — Jonathan Osorio | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: With the win Toronto extended their unbeaten run to seven straight and have now picked up points in 10 of their last 12 games. They retain their top-four position in the East with three games remaining. Colorado falls for the first time under new coach Robin Fraser (now 3-1-0) and despite a strong finish are on the brink of elimination from a playoff spot.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: The game-winner:
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Jozy Altidore didn't score, but he caused Colorado problems all night. Time after time his runs up top drew attention, but few were the times he was contained. Two plays resulted in goals and a number of others set up teammates for dangerous opportunities.