A scoreless draw on Wednesday night dropped Houston to 0-7-3 on the road in 2017, while the Loons are winless in their last four and have gone 261 minutes – almost three full matches – without a goal.
The Dynamo controlled the stat sheet, outshooting the hosts 19-4, but had attack after attack come undone in the final third despite a raft of opportunities given them by Minnesota's struggles to maintain possession in their own half.
- LOONS DENIED: Even though Houston still haven’t won on the road this year, defender A.J. DeLaGarza made sure the Dynamo at least took home a point. In the 62nd minute, Minnesota’s Kevin Molino got around keeper Tyler Deric and fired toward the goal – only to be denied by DeLaGarza’s sliding clearance at the goal line.
- LOONS DENIED, PART II: Minnesota United had another chance to steal all three points when the Dynamo failed to clear a corner kick in the 89th minute, but Deric went up to deny Christian Ramirez with a strong challenge in the air. Both players were shaken up on the collision but finished out the match.
- GREENSPAN TAKES A HIT, PART III: The unfortunate hits just keep coming for Minnesota United defender Joseph Greenspan. Greenspan, who has already been through concussion protocol twice his season, had to be subbed off in the 28th minute after a collision with teammate Jerome Thiesson as both went up for a ball in the Loons’ penalty area. The knock left Greenspan with a badly bloodied nose, and he was replaced by Ismaila Jome despite visibly arguing that he should be allowed to continue.
- MIN: vs. New York Red Bulls, Saturday, July 22, 4 pm ET (ESPN)
- HOU: at D.C. United, Saturday, July 22, 7 pm ET (MLS LIVE)