Ethan Zubak added his first of the season for LA, which was without MLS Golden Boot co-leader Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez for a second straight match due to a calf injury.
The win marked LA's first without Mexico's all-time international goals leader since a 2-1 triumph over Salt Lake on Nov. 1 of last year.
Substitute Franco Jara scored his second goal of the season for Dallas, which has now conceded multiple goals in six games already this season.
Manager Luchi Gonzalez's squad also has yet to earn a point away from Toyota Stadium in five opportunities.
- THE BIG PICTURE: This may have been LA's first victory of 2021 without Chicharito, but it was a second consecutive positive showing in terms of chance creation. The Galaxy led Sporting Kansas City 1.9 to 1.7 in expected goals (xG) in their 2-0 defeat last week, and bested Dallas 1.4 to 1.3 in xG this week. That should give manager Greg Vanney confidence his side can find solutions in multiple ways, even if the margin flattered to deceive a bit here.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Raveloson was signed to provide depth at the other end of the pitch. But his ability to lose his mark and direct a powerful header past Jimmy Maurer just 107 minutes into his MLS career will stick in the mind of LA's future opponents as they work on their set piece defense.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Sebastian Lletget. The American international provided the service on Cabral's goal and more generally a source of consistency throughout the offensive third. He'll be missed by the Galaxy as answers a deserved call to the U.S. Gold Cup squad.
- LA: Saturday, July 17 at Vancouver Whitecaps (10 pm ET | MLS LIVE on ESPN+ in the US and DAZN in Canada)
- DAL: Saturday, July 17 at Portland Timbers (10:30 pm ET | MLS LIVE on ESPN+ in the US and DAZN in Canada)