Already at the vanguard of #PlayYourKids ... FC Dallas look set to turn the dial up another notch this season.
Former academy director Luchi Gonzalez was appointed head coach following Oscar Pareja's departure following the 2018 season. More Homegrowns are on the precipice of a breakthrough, such as Paxton Pomykal, Jesus Ferreira and Brandon Servania -- who will be this season's Reggie Cannon?
Key acquisitions and departures
Projected Starting XI
Team strengths and weaknesses
- Strength: Identity. FC Dallas know who they are, and they’ve got a leader in Luchi Gonzalez who represents that vision. Maxi Urruti is gone, but Dom Badji might be a better fit anyway. Santiago Mosquera looks fit and motivated, and the kids will finally get their chance. Most of all, they’re settled at center back. It doesn’t get much better than Matt Hedges and Reto Zeigler.
- Weakness: Youth. Inexperience leads to hiccups. Will there be too many to overcome in their playoff quest? Open question.
- Ben Baer: 10th in West
- Calen Carr: 8th in West
- Charlie Davies: 9th in West
- Matt Doyle: 5th in West
- Bobby Warshaw: 3rd in West
- Andrew Wiebe: 8th in West