Lletget bagged a brace in the Galaxy’s latest El Trafico victory, powering his team to a 3-0 win over LAFC Sunday alongside a stellar showing from Cristian Pavon. The US men’s national team midfielder now has four goals and two assists in nine matches, playing a major role as LA have rattled off four straight Ws.
Lletget’s first strike came in the 73rd minute, when he one-timed home a low, driven free-kick from Pavon. The set-piece routine firmly sent the Galaxy toward three points for the second time this year against LAFC.
The 28-year-old wasn’t done, though, as he served up a stunning overhead kick in the 83rd minute. Lletget carefully calculated on Rolf Feltscher’s dinked cross and left goalkeeper Pablo Sisniega with no chance.
LA sit fourth in the Western Conference standings with 14 points, a dramatic turnaround for Guillermo Barros Schelotto’s group following the MLS is Back Tournament. They were winless after the Orlando-based event, and now close out their Phase 1 schedule Sunday against the San Jose Earthquakes (11 pm ET | UniMas, TUDN, Twitter, MLS LIVE on DAZN in Canada).
The MLS Player of the Week is selected each week of the regular season through both media and fan voting in a process conducted by MLS Communications. A panel of journalists from the North American Soccer Reporters (NASR) comprises 75% of the vote, while a Twitter fan vote represents the remaining 25% of voting. NASR consists of members of print, television, radio and online media.