Colorado had two golden chances to extend their lead inside the opening 35 minutes, but Kamara hammered a shot off the post and Mezquida’s rebound was cleared off the line by Jake Nerwinski in the 23rd minute.
Zac MacMath then flubbed a lobbed Kamara attempt before quickly recovering in the 34th minute.
After Reyna's equalizer, Montero headed over the bar and Reyna had a similar free kick that sailed harmlessly wide at the final whistle.
- 8’ — COL — Diego Rubio | WATCH
- 20’ — COL — Andre Shinyashiki | WATCH
- 45’+1’ — VAN — Fredy Montero (PK) | WATCH
- 80’ — VAN — Yordy Reyna | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: On another day, the Rapids take the road point, but they leave BC Place disappointed for two points lost, which would have put them two points below the playoff line. They’ll also rue gilt-edged chances to make it 3-0. The Whitecaps survived a disastrous opening 35 minutes to secure a draw and could have stolen all three points if they were more clinical in the attacking third late.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Terrific stuff here from Reyna, whose shot kisses the post and lands in for the late equalizer.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Mezquida was an absolute pest against his former team with a pair of assists and having a shot cleared off the line.