The New York Red Bulls won a game 7-0 and posted a second clean sheet earlier in Round 11. It should be a surprise to no one that this week’s Dream Team is essentially their starting XI.
Luis Robles ($6.0)? Two clean sheets, so of course he’s there. Aurelien Collin ($8.1) and Chris Duvall ($6.6)? Ditto. Colorado’s Axel Sjoberg ($5.9) (goal and a clean sheet) snuck in as the third defender in the Dream Team’s 3-5-2, but New York’s Connor Lade ($6.3) matched his score of 13.
The Red Bulls provided three of the five midfielders in the form of Dax McCarty ($9.2), who had a 20-point week, Felipe ($8.6) and Sacha Kljestan ($11.8). Toronto FC’s Will Johnson ($8.3) joins McCarty in showing how the new bonus rules are giving defensive-minded midfielders great rounds. New England's Lee Nguyen ($11.6) had a fantastic round on the wrong side of a 4-2 loss.
So it was a great week for those who bet big on the red side of New York.
Knowing what we know, it shouldn’t be surprising that our best score of the round comes from the Red Bulls fan pool. All four of the New York players on Jon Caraco’s FC Nil team were Dream Teamers, and captaining Wright-Phillips was a 42 point move. Congrats on the win and enjoy your prize!
He’s the Manneh...
Here’s what you need to know for the week ahead:
- There’s one game on Wednesday, so the transfer deadline is May 25 at 7:30 pm ET.
- That game, between Orlando City SC and the Philadelphia Union, gives both clubs a double game week
Eight teams do not play in Round 13 (Chicago, Colorado, Montreal, New England, New York, Orlando, Toronto, and Vancouver), but it is not a universal wildcard week. So be thoughtful in your transfers this week. It makes Philadelphia options like Keegan Rosenberry ($5.9) and Andre Blake ($4.9) look all the more attractive.
Who am I captaining this round? Kekuta Manneh ($8.6) has turned in some good performances lately, and this week the Whitecaps get to host the last-place Houston Dynamo. I’m expecting a decent return.
DraftKings Weekly Top Scorers
Here are the players who racked up the most points at each position on DraftKings:
Win a Trip to the 2016 AT&T MLS All-Star Game!
This Saturday fans will have a shot at winning an MLS VIP trip to the 2016 AT&T MLS All-Star Game via DraftKings and a special designated contest with the following prize package at stake for the winner:
- Two round-trip coach class airfare (if needed) traveling from the airport closest to the winner's home to San Jose
- Hotel accommodations for two nights
- VIP tickets to the 2016 AT&T MLS All-Star Game on July 28, 2016
- Pre-game field experience passes
- VIP passes to the MLS celebration party, pre-game hospitality and post-game hospitality
- VIP tickets to the Chipotle MLS Homegrown Game
- MLS All-Star VIP swag bag
How did you do this past week? What are your plans for the round ahead? Let us know in the comments below!