Orlando City SC's keen interest in Kaká has been known for quite some time. But if a new report from Italian outlet La Gazzetta dello Sport is to be believed, the Brazilian star could arrive at the 2015 MLS expansion club with one of his teammates and famous countrymen in tow.
La Gazzetta claimed on Wednesday that Robinho and his representatives have met with AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani to discuss dissolving the diminutive attacker's contract by mutual agreement, with Orlando cited as his next destination, even though that would necessitate a half-year break before the Lions enter MLS next season.
“Robinho hopes to finish his career in the United States,” according to La Gazzetta. “Evidently, the striker is ready to accept the idea of an extended vacation before the change of footballing continent.”
When contacted by MLSsoccer.com, Orlando City officials said they do not comment on transfer rumors.
Both Robinho and Kaká were left off Brazil's World Cup roster by Seleção manager Luiz Felipe Scolari earlier this month.
OCSC have made no secret of their desire to make Kaká a showcase signing for their debut campaign in MLS, though Galliani said this week that he believed there was “a 99.99 percent chance” that the playmaker would stay at Milan for next season.