The Round of 16 in U.S. Open Cup play concluded with four matches on Wednesday night to determine who rounds out the field of eight quarterfinalists.
Meanwhile, four MLS sides had already booked there place there. The four quarterfinal matches are set to take place next month with the path to the final becoming clearer.
Wednesday night's games
- Orlando City 1 (4), D.C. United 1 (2)
- Louisville City FC 2, Nashville SC 1
- Chicago Fire 1, Atlanta United 0
- LAFC 3, Sacramento Republic FC 2
(To be played approximately July 18)
- Philadelphia Union vs. Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire vs. Louisville City FC
- Houston Dynamo vs. Sporting Kansas City
- LAFC vs. Portland Timbers
The semifinals will feature the four winners of the quarterfinals with the home teams for the semis and final still to be determined by a draw to be held on July 19.
(To be played approximately August 7-8)
- PHI/ORL winner vs. CHI/LOU winner
- HOU/SKC winner vs. LAFC/POR winner