The result booked Seattle's matchup with Liga MX's Club Leon in the CCL quarterfinals come March, where they'll continue their push at becoming the first MLS club to win the continental tournament's modern iteration.
With the series locked in a scoreless deadlock following Leg 1 in Tegucigalpa, Seattle found a breakthrough opener shortly after the half-hour mark through Nicolas Lodeiro. The Uruguayan playmaker pounced on his own rebound after his initial shot was blocked, then bounced a first-time volley past Motagua goalkeeper Jonathan Rougier.
Cristian Roldan kicked off a second-half onslaught shortly after the restart, sneaking behind Motagua's backline entirely unmarked and cashing home a Lodeiro free kick, putting the Rave Green in the driver's seat in the 47th minute.
- THE BIG PICTURE: After a nervy first leg where they struggled to generate chances in Honduras, the Sounders looked very much like the team many expected during preseason, putting on a clinic throughout a dominant second half. The road will only get tougher from here in CCL, but if this performance was indicative of the level that Seattle can reach on a regular basis, they should feel plenty good about their chances of making a real run in this competition.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: It’s been a long road back for Jordan Morris, who suffered the second torn ACL of his career last season during a loan stint with Swansea City. The emotion on the 27-year-old’s face was palpable following his second-half goal.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: This match was Cristian Roldan at his finest, as the do-everything midfielder racked up a goal and two assists while also handling all his customary dirty work on the defensive side of the ball.
- SEA: Sunday, Feb. 27 vs. Nashville SC | 8 pm ET (MLS LIVE on ESPN+) | MLS regular season
- MOT: Sunday, Feb. 27 vs. Platense | 5 pm ET | Liga Nacional