Przybylko — already with four goals in the competition — might have had a hat trick on a late breakaway if not for Fontana's run to provide a second option.
As he did all night, he made the correct play in slotting the ball right for an easy finish for his teammate, one that means Atlanta will now have to beat the Union by three to have any hope of advancing beyond the quarterfinals for the first time in three tries.
Before Przybylko turned the knife on the Five Stripes, Andre Blake made six of his seven stops before halftime, including several of an exceptional nature, to make sure the Union entered the dressing room level.
- THE BIG PICTURE: Atlanta understandably must have entered halftime frustrated following the number and quality of chances they created in the opening 45 minutes. But their response after going behind — as if the match was a single-elimination affair — was puzzling to say the least. The Union's second and third goals encountered relatively little resistance from a drawn-out Atlanta defense. A 1-0 loss for Atlanta would not have been ideal, but it would've felt surmountable in Leg 2. It's harder to see a way back now.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Przybylko may have thought he'd missed his chance only moments earlier when Brad Guzan sprawled to deny a wide open look against the run of play. Instead, Kai Wagner's ensuing corner missed the head of Jakob Glesnes at the near post, deflected off Atlanta's George Bello and found Przybylko alone at the back post for a simple tap-in.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Kacper Przybylko. Blake kept Philadelphia in it early, and Sergio Santos had some influential moments — including a slick backheel in the buildup to the second goal — but the Polish attacker's ability to weather a first half with hardly any of the ball and be so ruthless when his time arrived in the second was next level.
- ATL: Saturday, May 1 at New England Revolution (7 pm ET | MLS LIVE on ESPN+ in the US and DAZN in Canada)
- PHI: Saturday, May 1 vs. New York City FC (7:30 pm ET | MLS LIVE on ESPN+ in the US and DAZN in Canada)