UPDATE (MAY 30) — Toronto FC midfielder Jonathan Osorio has been ruled out for the Canadian men's national team's upcoming Concacaf Nations League matches after suffering an injury during Toronto's 3-2 victory against Chicago Fire FC on Saturday, May 28.
As it stands, Osorio's absence will leave John Herdman's squad down to 24 players as they push to qualify for the 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup and continue preparations for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
ORIGINAL (MAY 25) — The Canadian men's national team's roster is out for two Concacaf Nations League games in June, with the federation announcing head coach John Herdman's 25-man squad on Wednesday.
The team features 10 players from MLS, including three from CF Montréal and two from LAFC. LA Galaxy fullback Raheem Edwards is back in camp, as are other regulars who helped Les Rouges qualify for their first World Cup since 1986 earlier this year.
“These are three opportunities to take steps forward with this group of players in preparation for the FIFA World Cup in Qatar,” Herdman said in a release. “Every minute together is crucial as we prepare to work collectively to give us the best chance to perform against some of the world’s best on the biggest stage.”
Canada were set to host World Cup-bound Iran in a friendly on June 5 before that match was canceled. Now, they'll enter Group C Nations League play when hosting Curacao (June 9) at Vancouver Whitecaps FC’s BC Place and visiting Honduras (June 13).
Former Whitecaps homegrown star Alphonso Davies is back with Canada after a COVID-related heart issue forced him to miss the team’s last two windows of World Cup qualifying. The one program newcomer is 17-year-old forward Luca Koleosho, who recently debuted for La Liga’s RCD Espanyol.
The full roster can be seen below, with Canada drawn into Group F at the World Cup later this fall alongside Belgium, Croatia and Morocco.
Canada roster for Concacaf Nations League
- Milan Borjan - Red Star Belgrade
- Maxime Crépeau - LAFC
- Dayne St. Clair - Minnesota United FC
- Samuel Adekugbe - Hatayspor FC
- Doneil Henry - LAFC
- Alistair Johnston - CF Montréal
- Scott Kennedy - SSV Jahn Regensburg
- Richie Laryea - Nottingham Forest FC
- Kamal Miller - CF Montréal
- Steven Vitória - Moreirense FC
- Raheem Edwards - LA Galaxy
- Stephen Eustáquio - FC Porto
- Atiba Hutchinson - Beşiktaş JK
- Mark-Anthony Kaye - Colorado Rapids
- Samuel Piette - CF Montréal
- Charles-Andreas Brym - FC Eindhoven
- Tajon Buchanan - Club Brugge KV
- Lucas Cavallini - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Jonathan David - Lille OSC
- Alphonso Davies - FC Bayern München
- David Junior Hoilett - Reading FC
- Luca Koleosho - RCD Espanyol
- Cyle Larin - Beşiktaş JK
- Iké Ugbo - ES Troyes AC
RELATED: Concacaf Nations League standings