Victor Vazquez opened the scoring on five minutes, Jozy Altidore doubled the lead in the 16th minute and then Sebastian Giovinco found the back of the net in the 36th minute to give Toronto FC a 3-0 lead.
A stunning spinning full volley from Ibrahimovic, who joined Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi as the only active players to reach that milestone just before halftime gave the Galaxy some life. Ola Kamara and Rolf Feltscher followed with a pair of goals in a four-minute span to level before the hour mark.
Capitalizing on a turnover, the Reds got the needed winner in the 75th minute when Osorio latched onto a Marky Delgado cross and powered a diving header past David Bingham.
- 5’ — TOR — Victor Vazquez | WATCH
- 16’ — TOR — Jozy Altidore | WATCH
- 36’ — TOR — Sebastian Giovinco | WATCH
- 44’ — LA — Zlatan Ibrahimovic | WATCH
- 54’ — LA — Ola Kamara | WATCH
- 58’ — LA — Rolf Feltscher | WATCH
- 75’ — TOR — Jonathan Osorio | WATCH
- 90’+4’ — TOR — Jay Chapman | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: Well, the goal outburst was expected with defending seemingly optional for both sides. And no doubt, both coaches were a bit grayer after the eight-goal outburst, but Toronto FC will breathe a sigh of relief to get the needed three points.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: This was not only a historic goal for Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but could this also be the MLS Goal of the Year?
- MAN OF THE MATCH: If Toronto FC make the playoffs — and that’s a very big if — Jonathan Osorio might well be the reason. After setting up a Jozy Altidore goal early, he scored what proved to be the winner in the 75th minute.