With about a month and a half to go until the start of the 2016 MLS season, clubs are still making roster moves—and spiffy-ing up their looks, too.
It’s a new year, new team extravaganza with the Chicago Fire. Not only are they moving forward with renewed creative force in head coach Veljko Paunovic, and a still-under-construction defense, but they’ve got a new primary kit to boot, too.
What do you think—is the new Chicago Fire jersey flames?
The main change, as you can see above is that the blue of the previous primary kit is pretty much gone.
There are a bunch of new details which you can view by scrolling through the slides below:
- First, we’ve got a return to tradition with a white bar across the chest.
- And check out the lenticular club crest right above it.
- There are a couple of fun, fine points on the neck tape, too—if you score one of these, you’ll see the words “Live red” on the inside of it….
- …and fireman’s axes on the outside back of the neck tape.
- You’ll also find the Chicago city flag embossed on the lower front for the jersey’s jock tag, or seal of authenticity.
The new and improved Chicago Fire lineup will rock these new and improved primary jerseys at their first home game on Sunday, March 6 at Toyota Park (2 p.m. ET, MLS Live).