Acquired from Real Salt Lake in exchange for $500,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM) spread across 2021 and 2022, a 2021 international roster slot and future considerations.
• MLS Rookie of the Year: 2018
2020 (Real Salt Lake):
• Played in 21 of Real Salt Lake’s 22 regular season matches, adding two goals and four assists in 1,529 minutes.
• Goals came in back-to-back games against Colorado Rapids (8/22) and Portland Timbers (8/29).
2019 (Real Salt Lake):
• Tallied five goals and four assists in 31 appearances, 23 of them starts.
• Played in both of RSL’s postseason matches, notching an assist in the 2-1 win over Portland Timbers on Oct. 19.
2018 (Real Salt Lake):
• Led all rookies in scoring with eight goals, adding five assists in 31 appearances (21 starts).
• Voted 2018 AT&T MLS Rookie of the Year.
COLLEGE (Stanford University)
Prior to signing as RSL’s 15th Homegrown signing, Baird was an instrumental leader in Stanford’s historic NCAA College Cup run that saw the Cardinals win three consecutive national championships, becoming just the second team in Division 1 history to do so.
Baird, an Escondido, California native tallied 16 goals and 28 assists in his four years at Stanford while appearing in 77 total matches, making 69 starts.
• Started all four matches for the U.S. at the 2013 Concacaf U-17 Championship in Panama and also competed for the USYNT at the U-15, U-18, U-20 and U-23 levels.
• Made his first senior team start against Panama on January 27, 2019 and came off the bench against Costa Rica last February.