Signed with the Club in Aug. 2017 as the First Designated Player in Club History.
- MLS Team of the Week (2018):Week 2, Week 5, Week 7, Week 8, Week 27, Week 33
- MLS Player of the Week (2018): Week 33
- MLS Best XI: 2018
- MLS All-Star Team and Team Captain: 2018
- Gold Cup Winner: 2009, 2015
- CONCACAF Cup Winner: 2015
- Real Sociedad Player of the Year: 2011-12, 2013-14
- La Liga Player of the Month: Dec. 2013, Nov. 2014
- FIFA U-17 World Cup Winner: 2005
- FIFA U-17 World Cup Golden Boot: 2005
2018 (Los Angeles Football Club)
- Started 26 of 28 regular season appearances, scoring 14 goals and adding 13 assists (2,378 total minutes played).
- Tallied first MLS goal in 5-1 win at Real Salt Lake on March 10.
- Named to MLS Team of the Week (Weeks 2, 5, 7, 8, 27, 33); Player of the Week (Week 33).
- Named to 2018 MLS All-Star Team and voted as 2018 All-Star Team Captain.
- Appeared in two Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup matches, earning a goal and five shots.
- Started the Club’s first ever playoff game, a 2 -3 loss to Real Salt Lake on November 1, adding an assist and five shots.
2016 - 17 (Real Sociedad, La Liga):
- Started 35 games, scoring 10 goals and two assists across all competitions.
- On April 10, 2017 made his debut appearance for Real Sociedad, the second most appearances for a foreign player with 200, behind only Darko Kovacevic.
- Scored the third goal in his final game for Real Sociedad (Dec. 20) in a 3-1 victory over La Liga Club.
2015 - 16 (Real Sociedad, La Liga):
- Started 32 games, scoring 5 goals and 4 assists across all competitions.
2014 - 15 (Real Sociedad, La Liga):
- Appeared in 30 matches (24 starts), scoring 10 goals with four assists across all competitions.
- Won La Liga Player of the Month for December 2014.
- Did not play from Jan 31st to March 22nd as a result of a knee injury.
2013 - 14 (Real Sociedad, La Liga):
- Appeared in 50 matches (45 starts) including six Champions League matches, scoring 19 goals and 12 assists across all competitions.
- Scored two goals to ensure Real Sociedad’s advancement to the Champions League Group Stage against Olympique Lyonnais, La Real’s first group stage appearance in 10 years.
- Scored two goals vs. Celta Vigo at home on Nov. 23, 2013.
2012 - 13 (Real Sociedad, La Liga):
- Officially transferred to Real Sociedad, joining the La Liga club in July, 2012.
- Appeared in 36 matches (32 starts), scoring 14 goals and nine assists across all competitions.
2011 - 12 (Real Sociedad, La Liga):
- Loaned from Arsenal to Real Sociedad of Spain’s La Liga, joining the club in August, 2011.
- Started 29 matches, scoring 12 goals and 7 assists across all competitions for Real Sociedad.
2010 - 11 (Arsenal, English Premier League / West Bromwich Albion, English Premier League):
- Appeared in 11 matches for Arsenal before joining West Bromwich Albion FC in February, 2011 on loan until the end of the 2010-2011 season.
- Scored his first goal in his third match for West Brom with a 92nd minute equalizer against the Wolverhampton Wanderers.
2009 - 10 (Arsenal, English Premier League):
- Ankle injury kept him sidelined until September.
- Started eight matches, scoring two goals and five assists across all competitions.
2008 - 09 (Arsenal, English Premier League):
- Made his competitive debut for Arsenal on August 30, 2008 against Newcastle.
- In his first career start with the Club (September, 23 2008), Vela scored a hat-trick in 6-0 win against Sheffield United in the League Cup (the second goal was voted as one of Arsenal’s 50 greatest goals).
- Finished the season with six goals, four assists, and 29 appearances across all competitions.
2007 - 08 (Osasuna, La Liga):
- Loaned by Salamanaca to La Liga club Osasuna.
- Appeared in 33 matches (21 starts), registering three goals and four assists.
2006 - 07 (Salamanca, Spanish Segunda División):
- Loaned to Spanish Segunda División club Salamanca from Arsenal.
- Scored eight goals in 31 appearances.
2005 - 06 (Chivas Guadalajara, Liga MX / Celta Vigo, La Liga):
- Began his professional career with Chivas Guadalajara after being signed from the club’s youth system.
- Signed a five-year deal with Arsenal of the Premier League and was then loaned to Celta de Vigo of Spain’s La Liga.
- Started 6 of 6 appearances with the Mexican National team at the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- Scored one goal in the 2-1 victory in the group stage match versus South Korea. (total of 315 minutes played
- Played eight matches for the Mexico U-17 National Team, scoring five goals to en route to winning the tournament as well as the Golden Boot at the U-17 FIFA World Cup in 2005.
- Overall, has appeared in 72 matches, scoring 19 goals and adding nine assists across all competitions for the Mexican National Team.
- Dedicated his U-17 World Cup Golden Boot Award to his father, as the winning game was on his father’s birthday.
- Favorite sport other than soccer is basketball.
- Has an older brother, Alejandro Vela, who played for Venados FC Yucatán of the Mexican second division.
- Favorite food is Pizza
- He and wife Saioa, welcomed son Romeo in 2016.
- Follow Carlos on Twitter @11carlosV and Instagram @carlosv11_