Atlanta United smashes attendance numbers on the regular, so it only makes sense given the club’s insatiable fan base the Five Stripes are set a social media milestone.
Atlanta United became the first MLS club to surpass the 1 million Twitter followers. @ATLUTD has been the league’s trend-setters since March, 2017, just three years after launch.
“From the start we have prioritized building relationships and connecting with our fans where, when, and how they like,” Atlanta United vice president of business operations Catie Griggs said in a statement. “This milestone reflects the amazing support we have received on-and-off the field. We are proud to have reached the ambitious objective of becoming the first MLS team to reach 1 million Twitter followers.”
Where does your team stand in terms of Twitter engagement? Here’s a look at the MLS Top 10 among followers
- Atlanta United (@ATLUTD): 1.0 million
- Seattle Sounders (@SoundersFC): 565.6K
- LA Galaxy (@LAGalaxy): 521.3K
- Orlando City SC (@OrlandoCitySC): 487.6K
- Houston Dynamo (@HoustonDynamo): 424.7K
- Toronto FC (@TorontoFC): 412.6K
- Sporting Kansas City (@SportingKC): 394K
- New York City FC (@NYCFC): 393.6K
- Portland Timbers (@TimbersFC): 353.4K
- Montreal Impact (@ImpactMontreal): 340.2K