Jozy Altidore - receives - 2017 MLS Cup MVP award
USA Today Sports Images

How the MVP of tonight's MLS Cup will be decided: A breakdown

Fans will get to have their voices heard in the final decision on who receives the 2018 MLS Cup MVP award after the big game on Saturday night (8 pm ET | FOX, UniMas, TSN, TVAS).

While 70 percent of the vote for the award will fall to media attending the match, the remaining 30 percent will fall to a public vote on Twitter.

Be sure to stay tuned for instructions about how to cast your vote. And if you're really serious, have a notepad handy near your TV over those 90 minutes (or more) so you can make a well-informed decision. We're counting on you!