The recently established FIFA-Confederations working group to address the consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic has unanimously approved a series of recommendations followings its first meeting that took place via conference all on Friday, and included ideas on re-scheduling World Cup qualifying matches that were slated for this summer.
Concerning the men's international calendar the group recommended:
- To postpone all international matches due to be played during the upcoming June 2020 window; and
- To organize bilateral discussions with confederations concerning 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers in order to finalize a revised match schedule pending health and safety developments
Concerning the women's international calendar the recommendations were:
- To postpone all international matches due to be played during the upcoming June 2020 window.
- To include the new dates of the Women's Olympic Football Tournament in the women's international match calendar; and
- To create a sub-working group on the women's international match calendar to consider potential changes to the calendar and dates of postponed FIFA final tournaments.
Read the full statement from FIFA here.