New England were given a penalty after Video Review decided that Wilfried Zahibo was pulled down in the penalty box deep into stoppage time. Gil buried the spot kick into the corner.
Jeremy Ebobisse opened the scoring with a diving header off a cross from Jorge Villafaña a few minutes after the halftime break and wheeled away in celebration in front of the Timbers Army. It was Ebobisse's first since September 7th and the team's first in more than three full games.
He added a second goal in the 81st minute, an unorthodox diving volley to find the back of the net again. Gustavo Bou pulled one back for the Revs in the 87th minute, tapping home an assist from Teal Bunbury, setting up the wild finish.
Brian Fernandez was again not in the Timbers' matchday squad.
- 49' – POR – Jeremy Ebobisse | WATCH
- 81' – POR – Jeremy Ebobisse | WATCH
- 87' – NE – Gustavo Bou | WATCH
- 90+7' – NE – Carles Gil (PK) | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: It's a brutal draw for the Timbers, who now are on a four-game winless run amid their chase for the Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs. They entered the night tied for the final playoff place out West and are in a rut.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Gil steals a point at the death.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: A solid match leading up to stoppage time, Gil earned Man of the Match with the cold-blooded finish from the penalty spot.