The Montreal Impact took advantage of two FC Dallas errors en route to a 3-0 lead in Week 24 at Stade Saputo... only to concede three unanswered second-half goals — including a 90th minute equalizer — to settle for a 3-3 draw.
Montreal's Lassi Lappalainen struck first thanks to an error by Dallas defender Matt Hedges, who misplayed a ball at the corner of the penalty box. The ball fell right to Lappalainen, who finished at the near post.
Orji Okwonkwo seemed to put the game away 10 minutes into the second half when he finished a pass from from Saphir Taider, however, Zdenek Ondrasek got one back for Dallas shortly after and woke up the visitors' attack.
Reto Ziegler converted a penalty kick with five minutes remaining after a Ken Krolicki handball in the box, and Ryan Hollingshead headed in the tying goal in the last minute of play to complete the wild FC Dallas comeback.
- 8’ — MTL — Lassi Lappalainen | WATCH
- 45+1’ — MTL — Lassi Lappalainen | WATCH
- 56’ — MTL — Orji Okwonkwo | WATCH
- 59’ — DAL — Zdenek Ondrasek | WATCH
- 85’ — DAL — Reto Ziegler (PK) | WATCH
- 90’ — DAL — Ryan Hollingshead | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: Dallas will rue the first-half errors that led Montreal to jump into the lead, but they'll be equally as happy with the comeback effort — on the second road match in four days — to earn a valuable point. Montreal, well, they dropped a valuable two points that appeared to be firmly in their hands at the hour mark.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Has to be the moment Dallas completed the comeback...
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Lassi Lappalainen did all he could, scoring twice and assisting on Montreal's third goal.