Columbus went ahead early when left back Milton Valenzuela's cross was inadvertently headed by Revolution defender Andrew Farrell for an own goal. The Revs' Teal Bunbury found the equalizer from a tight angle minutes later.
- 9' – CLB – Own Goal (Farrell) WATCH
- 14' – NE – Teal Bunbury WATCH
- 43' – CLB – Gyasi Zardes WATCH
- 46+' – NE – Cristian Penilla WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: On the team side, the tie snaps a three game losing streak for Columbus, while New England gets a road result for the second consecutive trip. And both sides will be glad to see their goal-scorers get on the board, as Bunbury put away his third of the year while Zardes scored his fifth in eight games for Columbus.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: While there were a few nice goals in this one, there were a number second half near-misses that could've broken the deadlock, including goalmouth clearances from Jalil Anibaba and Jonathan Mensah, a Zack Steffen fingertip save to deny Bunbury, a late post, and this crossbar by Mensah. So close:
- MAN OF THE MATCH: You could pick any number of players from this wild affair, but Cristian Penilla's goal was not only a beautiful one-time finish, but the timing of it - just after Columbus had taken the lead, and right before the break - was just as important in helping the Revs earn a hard-fought road point.