Major League Soccer on Thursday announced a time change for the 2016 AT&T MLS All-Star Game which will see English Premier League giants Arsenal take on MLS's best on Thursday, July 28 at Avaya Stadium in San Jose.
The match, which was originally slated for 9 pm ET, will now take place 90 minutes earlier at 7:30 pm ET (4:30 pm local time), including a 30-minute pregame show.
The time change avoids a conflict with the keynote speech at the Democratic National Convention, an event which was scheduled after MLS had already settled on the July 28 date for the All-Star showcase.
The match will be carried on ESPN and UniMás in the USA and on TSN2 and RDS in Canada. More than 140 countries will also carry the match.
AT&T MLS All-Star Week will feature six days of events leading up to the match in San Jose, including:
- Monday: All-Star concert at San Pedro Square;
- Tuesday: Special Olympics Unified Soccer Match at Avaya Stadium following All-Star training;
- Wednesday: Chipotle MLS Homegrown Game vs. Mexico Under-20 national team;
- Thursday: pregame festivities outside the stadium leading up to the match;
- Community service initiatives via MLS WORKS throughout the week.