New York City FC and Orlando City SC have 10 more players to call their own (barring any trades) thanks to the 2014 Expansion Draft held Wednesday, Dec. 10. See all the selections in the list below.
Re-live the teleconference call above (or by clicking here) and tell us who you think had the best Expansion Draft in the comments section below.
Expansion Draft Tracker
|Round||Orlando City SC||New York City FC|
|1||GK - Donovan Ricketts (POR)||M - Ned Grabavoy (RSL)|
|2||M - Tony Cascio (COL)||F -Patrick Mullins (NE)|
|3||D - Jalil Anibaba (SEA)||D - Jason Hernandez (SJ)|
|4||M/F - MF/Pedro Ribeiro (PHI)||M - Daniel Lovitz (TOR)|
|5||M - Lewis Neal (DC)||F - Tony Taylor (NE)|
|6||F - Jairo Arrieta (CLB)||M - Mehdi Ballouchy (VAN)|
|7||D - Heath Pearce (MTL)||D - George John (DAL)|
|8||F - Danny Mwanga (COL)||M - Thomas McNamara (DC)|
|9||F - Mark Sherrod (HOU)||M - Sal Zizzo (SKC)|
|10||D - Eric Gehrig (CLB)||D - Chris Wingert (RSL)|
MLS Expansion Draft guidelines and rules
- There will be ten rounds.
- NYCFC and Orlando City are permitted three minutes to make each selection.
- Once the Player has been selected, the club that “lost” the player is permitted two minutes to add a new player to their protected roster.
- There will be a two minute intermission between the fifth and sixth rounds (i.e., after the 10th pick).
- There will be NO timeouts during the Expansion Draft.
Failure to Make Selection in Designated Time
- Expansion clubs that fail to make their selection in time must wait until their next pick to make a selection.
- Clubs that fail to add a player to their protected roster in time will lose their ability to do so.
- No trades are permitted during the Expansion Draft.