Robbie Keane was downright dominant against the Portland Timbers, so much so that he was the easy pick for the MLS Player of the Week award.
Keane ran away with the Week 21 votes for his dominant showing in Saturday's 3-1 home win vs. the Portland Timbers that saw him help set up a late equalizer in the first half before bagging a brace in the closing 45 minutes.
The veteran striker aided the Galaxy in negating Diego Valeri's opener with a secondary assist on Gyasi Zardes' strike three minutes into first-half stoppage time, scored the go-ahead goal in the 73rd minute and then hit the Timbers with the dagger 12 minutes later.
The impressive outing saw Keane become the second Galaxy player after Landon Donovan named an MLS Player of the Week this season. Donovan won his back in Week 12.
2014 MLS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
- Week 21: Robbie Keane (LA Galaxy)
- Week 20: Yannick Djalo (San Jose Earthquakes)
- Week 19: Benny Feilhaber (Sporting Kansas City)
- Week 18: Thierry Henry (New York Red Bulls)
- Week 17: Erick Torres (Chivas USA)
- Week 16: Jack McInerney (Montreal Impact)
- Week 15: Luis Silva (D.C. United)
- Week 14: Fanendo Adi (Portland Timbers)
- Week 13: Deshorn Brown (Colorado Rapids)
- Week 12: Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy)
- Week 11: Federico Higuaín (Columbus Crew)
- Week 10: Harry Shipp (Chicago Fire)
- Week 9: Joao Plata (Real Salt Lake)
- Week 8: Bradley Wright-Phillips (New York Red Bulls)
- Week 7: Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
- Week 6: Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders)
- Week 5: Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders)
- Week 4: Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)
- Week 3: Bernardo Añor (Columbus Crew)
- Week 2: Jermain Defoe (Toronto FC)
- Week 1: Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)