Split image: Jozy Altidore - Toronto FC - Marco Etcheverry - D.C. United

The votes are in, and Extratime has decided its greatest team of all time. 2017 Toronto FC, take a bow.

The all-conquering Reds side, which won the domestic treble (MLS Cup, Supporters' Shield, Canadian Championship) that year were officially crowned champions of the 32-team bracket, beat out a representative of the league's first dynasty in 1997 D.C. United.

Who's the greatest MLS team of all-time? Extratime poll will help to decide - https://league-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/images/GTOAT_Finals.png

Extratime hosts' votes counted for 80% of the outcome of each matchup, with fan votes on Twitter (@Extratime) deciding the remaining 20%.

As the field got whittled down, Extratime discussed the winners and losers during each show, which you can find through the links below. The candidates spanned across MLS's first quarter-century, starting with the 1997 D.C. United powerhouse up to 2019 editions of NYCFC, Minnesota and more.

New episodes drop every Monday and Thursday. You can subscribe and find Extratime on the various platforms below.



  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Submit a question, topic or hot take!
  • Hot Take Hotline: 401-206-0MLS
  • extratime [at] mlssoccer.com