Our FIFA 20 simulations return for Week 9, with plenty of action unfolding in the esports world. With real-life matches on pause, here’s a sense of how the would-be MLS games could have gone.
Check out the full video, commentary and standings rundown below.
New England Revolution vs. Montreal Impact
It was a rough day for the New England Revolution, who conceded three goals at home against Montreal in a 3-1 defeat. Cristian Penilla bagged a late consolation strike, but it was too little too late.
Chicago Fire FC vs. LAFC
Columbus Crew SC vs. Philadelphia Union
Philly regained some momentum after falling to NYCFC last week, taking down the Crew 2-0 on the road. Sergio Santos put the game out of reach in the 95th minute, and they’re in a great Eastern Conference spot as we push towards May.
Sporting Kansas City vs. Minnesota United FC
Minnesota United have been the best team in our FIFA simulations thus far, but their momentum slowed down with a 2-2 draw against Sporting. They’re still leading the Western Conference and have the simulated games’ best goal differential (plus 12).
Colorado Rapids vs. FC Dallas
Real Salt Lake vs. Seattle Sounders
The week’s marquee matchup saw Real Salt Lake jump past Seattle with a 3-1 win at Rio Tinto Stadium. Albert Rusnak again scored, but it was Jordan Morris’ sumptuous volley in the 93rd minute that’ll be played on repeat.
LA Galaxy vs. Houston Dynamo
Orlando City SC vs. Atlanta United
Orlando’s supporters will be wishing this was a real-life result, as Tesho Akindele’s tap-in gave the Lions a 1-0 win over their rivals. For Atlanta, their dominance of their fellow Southeast foe comes to a close.
D.C. United vs. New York Red Bulls
FC Cincinnati vs. San Jose Earthquakes
Offseason acquisition Jurgen Locadia bagged a brace for FC Cincinnati as they picked up a 2-0 win and advanced up to fourth place in the Eastern Conference. As for San Jose, more woes continue on both sides of the park.
Eastern Conference Standings
- Philadelphia Union (19 points)
- Orlando City SC (16 points)
- D.C. United (12 points)
- FC Cincinnati (11 points)
- Atlanta United (11 points)
- Toronto FC (10 points)
- Montreal Impact (9 points)
- Chicago Fire FC (9 points)
- New England Revolution (8 points)
- NYCFC (7 points)
- Columbus Crew SC (7 points)
- New York Red Bulls (6 points)
- Inter Miami CF (0 points)
Western Conference Standings
- Minnesota United (23 points)
- Real Salt Lake (18 points)
- Seattle Sounders (16 points)
- LAFC (14 points)
- Colorado Rapids (14 points)
- FC Dallas (11 points)
- Sporting Kansas City (10 points)
- LA Galaxy (10 points)
- Houston Dynamo (9 points)
- Portland Timbers (7 points)
- San Jose Earthquakes (5 points)
- Vancouver Whitecaps (4 points)
- Nashville SC (0 points)