The return of the 2020 MLS season is on the horizon, but before then our FIFA 20 simulations continue to provide an alternate reality of how games could have gone.
Check out the video and recaps below, and don't miss the standings at the bottom of this page to see which teams have been kings of the virtual pitch.
New York Red Bulls 1, Philadelphia Union 4
In a short week of matches, Philadelphia could reclaim the Eastern Conference’s top spot with a win since Atlanta United were without a match. The Union seized their chance behind a hat trick from Brenden Aaronson as they grabbed all three points in convincing fashion.
New England Revolution 3, D.C. United 1
This Eastern Conference battle between two mid-table teams was also high-scoring after New York vs. Philly. A brace from Gustavo Bou led New England to a 3-1 victory, moving the Revs into a tie for the East’s final playoﬀ spot. Julian Gressel was D.C.’s only spark, as they fell to 10th place in the table.
Real Salt Lake 3, FC Dallas 0
RSL are the second MLS team to reach the 10-win mark in our virtual simulations, thanks to a 3-0 win against FC Dallas. Damir Kreilach was a man on fire, bagging a hat trick via three shots as RSL gained ground on Minnesota for the West’s top spot.
Sporting Kansas City 1, Orlando City SC 3
Nani provided goals in the 45th and 90th minutes, and Orlando cruised past Sporting with a 3-1 road win. Even with a negative-1 goal differential, Orlando occupies second place in the Eastern Conference standings.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2, Montreal Impact 1
In the final match of the week, two Canadian opponents squared off in Vancouver. Lucas Cavallini was the Whitecaps’ hero, scoring a brace and leading Marc Dos Santos’ team to their second straight win. Now, Vancouver could sneak up the Western Conference standings by stringing together a few more similar results.
Eastern Conference Standings
- Philadelphia Union (25 points)
- Orlando City (25 points)
- Atlanta United (23 points)
- Columbus Crew SC (21 points)
- FC Cincinnati (20 points)
- Toronto FC (16 points)
- NYCFC (15 points)
- New England Revolution (15 points)
- New York Red Bulls (14 points)
- D.C. United (14 points)
- Montreal Impact (12 points)
- Chicago Fire (11 points)
- Inter Miami CF (0 points)
Western Conference Standings
- Minnesota United (39 points)
- Real Salt Lake (33 points)
- Seattle Sounders (28 points)
- Colorado Rapids (26 points)
- LA Galaxy (23 points)
- FC Dallas (21 points)
- Sporting Kansas City (19 points)
- LAFC (19 points)
- Portland Timbers (14 points)
- Houston Dynamo (13 points)
- San Jose Earthquakes (13 points)
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC (11 points)
- Nashville SC (0 points)
* = unable to simulate matches