ExtraTime Radio Podcast
LISTEN: And then there were four! The Philip F. Anschutz Trophy is within reach for Toronto FC, Crew SC, Sounders and the Dynamo, and the guys break down how the 2017 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs got to this point. First on the list of conversations ... the brouhaha at BMO Field as beef between Jozy Altidore and Sacha Kljestan spilled into the locker-room hallways! Subscribe so you never miss a show! Download this episode!
Turmoil in the tunnel. Handbags in the hallway. Clash in the club. The 2017 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs got heated on Sunday as the field was narrowed to four, and Jozy Altidore and Sacha Kljestan got all the headlines for the fracas that led to red card to both ... at halftime!
The guys weigh in on the BMO brouhaha, break down Crew SC's loss (but series win) at Yankee Stadium and try to find the balance between injuries and results as the Dynamo busted brackets in Portland.
In this episode...
Segment 1 - Beef between Sacha and Jozy as TFC advance, Crew SC hold on to keep dream alive
- Red Bulls wanted chaos and they got as beef spills over into the tunnel in Toronto (3:21)
- We don't endorse conspiracy theories, but Matt Doyle puts on his tinfoil hat (11:45)
- A dramatic reading of Jozy Altidore's deleted tweet (14:05)
- Afful defending ultimately keeps NYCFC from Conference Championships (19:26)
- Crew SC's incredible story/journey continues with short-handed TFC up next (25:38)
Segment 2 - Dynamo best Portland (on the road!) as injuries cripple both squads, Almiron to be sold?
- Giving the Houston Dynamo their due! Could MLS Cup be within reach? (35:02)
- Brad Friedel to New England Revolution? (48:20)
- Should ATLUTD sell Miguel Almiron? (49:15)
- Why Gass wouldn't sell Jack Harrison... (50:58)
Segment 3 - Mailbag and Hot-Take Hotline (52:53)
The views expressed by the hosts and guests are theirs and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Major League Soccer / Soccer United Marketing.