ExtraTime Radio Podcast
LISTEN: The Audi 2017 MLS Cup Playoffs are finally back after a two-week absence and the crew here is to breakdown everything you need to know heading into both Leg 1's on Tuesday night. Plus, the guys discuss Caleb Porter's exit from the Portland Timbers. Subscribe so you never miss a show! Download this episode!
The Audi 2017 MLS Cup Playoffs are finally back after a two-week absence and the crew here is to breakdown everything you need to know heading into both Leg 1's on Tuesday night.
In Columbus, Crew SC have a huge opportunity ahead of them as Toronto FC will be without Jozy Altidore and Sebastian Giovinco. What will head Gregg Berhalter do tactically to befuddle the Supporters' Shield winners and who will TFC rely on to fill the scoring void (8 pm ET; ESPN, ESPN Deportes in US | TSN 1/3/4/5, TVAS in Canada).
Out West, the Houston Dynamo host the Seattle Sounders at BBVA Compass Stadium (9:30 pm ET; FS1, FOX Deportes in US | TSN1/3, TVAS in Canada). The big question for Houston is who will start in the attack while Seattle will be weighing whether to push forward for an away goal or try to keep a clean sheet. Plus, the guys discuss Caleb Porter's exit from the Portland Timbers.
In this episode...
Segment 1 - Full breakdown of Eastern Conference Championship Leg 1
- What do Crew SC need to do vs. short-handed Toronto (2:33)
- Who replaces Jozy and Giovinco for TFC? (10:02)
Segment 2 - Full breakdown of Western Conference Championship Leg 1 + Caleb Porter reax
- How does Wimer Cabrera juggle attacking pieces? (18:12)
- Do Seattle repeat performance from Leg 1 vs. Vancouver (20:53)
- Predictions for Leg 1 (31:10)
- Reaction to Caleb Porter leaving Portland (32:41)
Segment 3 - Mailbag and Hot-Take Hotline
- Are Ben Baer's takes really that hot?
- Does Caleb Porter's departure make him a more likely USMNT option?
- Should Almiron have won Newcomer of the Year? (47:54)
The views expressed by the hosts and guests are theirs and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Major League Soccer / Soccer United Marketing.