The Conference Finals of the Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs feature the last three MLS Cup winners, plus this year's Supporters' Shield winners.
It sure feels like there are no true underdogs left in the field. But how does FiveThirtyEight handicap the Conference Finals?
Considering the single-elimination format and the historical importance of home-field advantage in MLS, it's little surprise that FiveThirtyEight favors:
- Eastern Conference Final: Atlanta United (70% chance of advancing) over Toronto FC (30%)
- Western Conference Final: LAFC (81%) over the Seattle Sounders (19%)
In terms of MLS Cup-winning projections at present, LAFC (who would host if they beat Seattle) are the favorites to win with Atlanta having the second-best outlook:
SeatGeek has great deals for future MLS matchesGET TICKETS Official Ticketing Partner of Major League Soccer
- LAFC: 62% to win MLS Cup
- Atlanta United: 24% to win MLS Cup
But expect those odds to change, after the Tuesday's Western Conference Final (10 pm ET | ESPN in US; TSN1/5, TVAS in Canada) and Wednesday's Eastern Conference Final (8 pm ET | FS1 in US; TSN1/4, TVAS in Canada).