Muyl leveled in the 51st minute with an open tap-in off a pass from Royer, who ran onto the rebound of a saved Wright-Phillips attempt.
Muyl then scored the winner in the 71st minute following a free kick that started with Sean Davis playing to an overlapping Royer. He stepped around Marcos Lopez and sent a cross that took a slight deflection off Judson before landing to Muyl, who finished first time.
Wright-Phillips added an 85th minute insurance goal on his final touch of the ball before making way for Mathias Jorgensen to make his MLS debut and Royer got a deserved goal four minutes later.
- 5’ — SJ — Cristian Espinoza | WATCH
- 51’ — RBNY — Alex Muyl | WATCH
- 71’ — RBNY — Alex Muyl | WATCH
- 85’ — RBNY — Bradley Wright-Phillips | WATCH
- 89’ — RBNY — Danny Royer | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: After a lackluster first half, the Red Bulls played an inspired second half and were able to celebrate their first win of the year thanks to a brace from an unlikely source. The Quakes squandered their best chance for all three points when they didn’t put away another of their first-half chances.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Muyl’s first-ever brace was straight off the training ground with a perfectly-executed free kick that Davis and Royer discussed moments earlier.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Yes, Muyl struck for a brace, but Royer had a hand in three of the goals, setting up two and scoring one of his own.