Carles Gil opened his Major League Soccer account as the New England Revolution rallied to play FC Dallas to a 1-1 draw Saturday at Toyota Stadium.
Michael Barrios struck FC Dallas’ first goal of the 2019 season in the 13th minute as the Revs troubles on counterattacks continue.
Dominique Badji latched onto a ball out of the back by Reggie Cannon, held it up and slipped a pass to Barrios, who ran at three New England defenders, cut outside and scored low inside the far post.
Gil leveled for the Revs in the 57th minute. Antonio Delamea got on the end of a lobbed cross by Jalil Anibaba and headed down to Gil, who settled before netting the equalizer.
Anibaba was a late replacement in the Revs starting XI for Michael Mancienne, who picked up a pregame injury.
- 13’ — DAL — Michael Barrios | WATCH
- 57’ — NE — Carles Gil | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: The Revs will be the happier team, having lost a key starter in pregame and trailing, 1-0, at halftime. FC Dallas, though, won’t feel too hard done in Luchi Gonzalez’s first game in charge.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: It’s all about Gil’s leveler. Delamea does well to rise up and win the header and Gil takes a subtle touch before a clinical finish.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Anibaba didn’t expect to start, but when Mancienne picked up that pregame knock, he was forced into action and performed pretty well on the defensive side and assisted on Gil’s tying goal.
- DAL: Saturday, March 9 vs. LA Galaxy (3:30 pm ET | Univision, Twitter, MLS LIVE on DAZN in Canada)
- NE: Saturday, March 9 vs. Columbus Crew SC (2 pm ET | MLS LIVE on ESPN+ in US, DAZN in Canada)