Aleksandar Katai scored a gorgeous fifth goal of the season and created another to help the Chicago Fire come from two goals down and earn a 2-2 draw against the Colorado Rapids at Dick's Sporting Goods Park on Wednesday night.
The Rapids at least ended an eight-match league losing streak, but could not find a winner even after going up a man when Chicago's Johan Kappelhof was sent off for a boot raised to the face following a Video Review.
- 7' - COL - Dominique Badji Watch
- 15' - COL - Tommy Smith Watch
- 21' - CHI - Danny Wilson (OG) Watch
- 24' - CHI - Aleksandar Katai Watch
- THE BIG PICTURE: While a draw on the road is never inherently bad, they were afforded ample possession and opportunities through most of the match and might feel the more aggrieved side not to take all three points. They're still on the wrong side of the playoff line, tied with Orlando City on points but possessing one less victory.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: After cutting the early deficit in half on a moment that owed to good fortune, the Fire were level on a demonstration of Katai's quality.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Katai single-footedly lifted the Fire back from 2-0 down, sending in the cross that led to the first goal and then hitting his curler from 18 yards out. The Serbian on loan from Alaves might've done more with the amount of the ball he had in the second half. Still, it should make Fire fans want more when his loan runs out at season's end.