LAFC took the lead shortly before the break, as a deflected pass in the box bounced to Diego Rossi, and the Uruguayan slotted the shot in calmly.
In the second half, each side had a penalty shout -- a handball by Laurent Ciman in LAFC's box, followed a few minutes later by a handball from Zoltan Stieber in D.C.'s box -- but following Video Review referee Ismael Elfath waved off both spot kicks.
Frederic Brillant had a chance to win the game in second-half stoppage time for D.C., as his header off a corner kick clanged off the post.
- 39' – LAFC – Diego Rossi | WATCH
- 84' – DC – Darren Mattocks
- THE BIG PICTURE: LAFC dominated the shot counter on the night, but D.C. stayed with the match and were rewarded with a point. It's a result both teams probably deserve, although each side will feel they should have taken a win.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: The equalizer was a nifty team play from the United attack.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Arriola had the most influential performance on the night, drawing a red card and setting up the equalizer for the visiting side.