Dallas was efficient in their limited first-half chances, with Diaz first combining with Maxi Urruti to open the scoring on a curling shot from distance. Diaz then set up Roland Lamah with a perfectly weighted through ball and the Belgian international doubled FCD's lead just before the half.
LA cut the lead in half minutes after the break on a header from Ola Kamara, but Dallas answered right back. This time Diaz danced around the LA box before lifting the ball to the back post where Lamah headed in his second of the game.
- 28' – DAL – Maxi Urruti WATCH
- 44' – DAL – Roland Lamah WATCH
- 47' – LA – Ola Kamara WATCH
- 52' – DAL – Roland Lamah WATCH
- 83' – LA – Emmanuel Boateng WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: FC Dallas continued their solid start to the season (4-1-4), and did so by re-introducing two all-stars to the lineup as Mauro Diaz made his first start in a month and Kellyn Acosta made his first start of the year. For LA, they've now lost four straight, and have conceded 19 goals in the team's first ten games.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: On a hot, sunny afternoon, LA tried to get back into the game after being down two. But this goal proved to be the game-winner:
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Mauro Diaz was the difference in the game, setting up all three goals - twice with the vision and skill that made the Argentinian a Best XI player just two seasons ago before he sustained a long-term injury. Having been on the bench to start the past four games, Diaz kept himself ready and responded when his name was called again.