The schedule for the group stages of the upcoming CONCACAF Champions League was released on Monday, throwing up some interesting wrinkles.
Both Sporting Kansas City and the San Jose Earthquakes will play the first two of four group games on the road, and will finish their slate at home, with the Quakes facing a tough opening day task when they travel to Stade Saputo to face the Montreal Impact.
The LA Galaxy, on the other hand, will almost certainly be counting on six points from their first two games, both at home against Central American opposition, before hitting the road looking to advance to the knockout stages for the third straight tournament.
The Impact will begin and end their campaign at in a group which also features Guatemalan side CD Heredia, while the Houston Dynamo have their two home games, against Panama's Árabe Unido and Trinidad and Tobago's W Connection, sandwiched between road games to open and close their group-stage campaign.
Here is who the MLS sides participating in the tournament will be playing:
Sporting Kansas City
- 8/7 at Real Estelí FC; 10 pm ET, Estadio Independcia, Estelí, Nicaragua
- 8/27 at CD Olimpia; 10 pm ET, Estadio Tiburcio Carias Andino, Tegucigalpa, Honduras
- 9/17 vs. Real Estelí FC; 8 pm ET, Sporting Park
- 10/23 vs. CD Olimpia; 8 pm ET, Sporting Park
- 8/20 at W Connection; 8 pm ET, in Trinidad and Tobago
- 8/27 vs. Árabe Unido; 8 pm ET, BBVA Compass Stadium
- 9/25 vs. W Connection; 8 pm ET, BBVA Compass Stadium
- 10/24 at Árabe Unido; 8 pm ET, in Panama
- 8/7 vs. San Jose Earthquakes; 8 pm ET, Stade Saputo
- 8/21 at CD Heredia; 10 pm ET, in Guatemala
- 9/17 at San Jose Earthquakes; 10 pm ET, Buck Shaw Stadium
- 9/25 vs. CD Heredia; 8 pm ET, Stade Saputo
San Jose Earthquakes
- 8/7 at Montreal Impact; 8 pm ET, Stade Saputo
- 8/28 at CD Heredia; 10 pm ET, in Guatemala
- 9/17 vs. Montreal Impact; 10 pm ET, Buck Shaw Stadium
- 10/23 vs. CD Heredia; 10 pm ET, Buck Shaw Stadium
- 8/20 vs. Cartaginés; 10 pm ET, StubHub Center
- 9/18 vs. Isidro Metapán; 10 pm ET, StubHub Center
- 9/25 at Cartaginés; 10 pm ET, in Costa Rica
- 10/24 at Isidro Metapán; 10 pm ET, in El Salvador