Colman's first MLS goal capped a wild, feisty affair that saw the sides level 2-2 at halftime before Dom Dwyer netted his second of the game three minutes into the second half to give Orlando (1-2-1) their first lead of the game.
Aaron Long latched onto a Marc Rzatkowski free kick and headed in off Joe Bendik to equalize for the Red Bulls (2-2-0), who utilized a heavily rotated lineup ahead of Wednesday’s first leg Concacaf Champions League semifinal at Guadalajara.
- 7’ — RBNY — Florian Valot | WATCH
- 15’ — ORL — Will Johnson | WATCH
- 24’ — RBNY — Derrick Etienne Jr | WATCH
- 26’ — ORL — Dom Dwyer | WATCH
- 48’ — ORL — Dom Dwyer | WATCH
- 82’ — RBNY — Aaron Long | WATCH
- 88’ — ORL — Josue Colman | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: A massive three points for the Lions, who were feeling the pressure with just one point in their first three matches. Jason Kreis has preached patience as his team got healthy. They’re close and we’re seeing some of that promised attacking prowess.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Was it a foul? Should Video Review have been utilized? Twitter was abuzz with hot takes when it appeared Dwyer pushed off on Robles as they both made a run toward the near post to meet the Yotun corner. Remember the key words: “Clear and obvious error.”
- MAN OF THE MATCH: What a performance for Dwyer on his season debut. After battling back from injury, the forward was at the focal point of the feisty affair and his first two goals of the season was much-needed tonic for the Lions.
- ORL: Sunday, April 8 vs. Portland Timbers (4 pm ET | ESPN)
- RBNY: CCL - Wednesday, April 4 at Guadalajara (10 pm ET | go90,com)