Major League Soccer's new youth development platform MLS NEXT has announced the addition of five youth soccer clubs ahead of its 2021-2022 season.
Five New Clubs
- Hoover-Vestavia Soccer (HVS)
- Lou Fusz Athletic
- Texas United
- Tormenta FC
- Wake Futbol Club
The five new clubs joined MLS NEXT through the early admissions phase of the application process and join a roster of expansion clubs that include St. Louis City Academy, Albion SC Las Vegas and Las Vegas Sports Academy. The additions bring MLS NEXT up to 118 clubs, 521 teams and over 11,000 players.
How to join MLS NEXT
Clubs interested in applying for regular admission to MLS NEXT may at mlssoccer.com/mlsnext/updates.
- Regular admission will be revealed in May and waitlist admission will be revealed in July.
- MLS NEXT staff will continue to review applications in advance of the upcoming fall season.
- Clubs will be evaluated based on the implementation of a defined soccer philosophy, quality of coaching staff, record of top player production and professionalism of daily environment.
- Prospective clubs must also demonstrate an ability to provide low or no-cost options for players to participate on MLS NEXT teams, creating opportunities for a more inclusive player pool.
About MLS NEXT
MLS NEXT was launched in 2020 with the goal of transforming youth soccer in North America. MLS NEXT players have access to the highest level of competition, training and personal development opportunities that will prepare them for their futures. The platform features competition across six age groups: U-13, U-14, U-15, U-16, U-17 and U-19.