The Loons found the opening goal only 11 minutes into the game. Kei Kamara sent the ball down the left flank for Robin Lod who made his way into the box and set up a wide open Ethan Finlay on the right side of the box to notch his third goal of the season.
It was not long before Finlay added his and Minnesota's second of the game. Jacori Hayes found the Minnesota native with a beautiful through pass down the middle of the field and Finlay beat Marko Maric confidently to put the Loons up 2-0.
By that point, Minnesota had already lost one of their starters when Hassani Dotson needed to be substituted in the 14th minute due to a left ankle injury following a rough challenge in the center of midfield from Houston's Adam Lundkvist. Veteran Osvaldo Alonso took Dotson's place in his first game back since getting injured on September 6.
And in the 59th minute, Minnesota's lead was cut in half. Memo Rodriguez continued his fine start to the season, finishing from the right side of the box after being found by Darwin Quintero following an interception in the center of midfield by Darwin Ceren.
The goal ended Minnesota goalkeeper Dayne St. Clair's run without allowing a goal ended at 349 minutes, the longest streak in franchise history.
Seven minutes before the end, St. Clair conceded another as the Dynamo were rewarded for their second-half turnaround. Niko Hansen, who had substituted into the game at halftime, benefited from a mix up in the Minnesota defense and a deflection off St. Clair to finish from close range.
- 11' — MIN — Ethan Finlay | WATCH
- 30' — MIN — Ethan Finlay | WATCH
- 59' — HOU — Memo Rodriguez | WATCH
- 83' — MIN — Niko Hansen | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: With the draw, Minnesota United move up to fifth in the Western Conference standings but miss the chance to leapfrog LAFC into the top four. On their end, the Houston Dynamo will feel good to have grasped a point after being down 2-0 and to have ended a run of back-to-back defeats. The team remains 10th in the Western Conference standings, just one point below the red line.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: From the left flank, Mauro Manotas sent the ball into the six-yard box which was mishandled defensively by both Chase Gasper and Dayne St. Clair. Niko Hansen saw the opportunity and tapped in the equalizer, clinching the draw for the Dynamo.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Despite giving up a two-goal lead, Ethan Finlay showed a tremendous performance in his team's draw. The Minnesota native converted on his goal scoring opportunities and earned his first two-goal game since July 22.