Real Salt Lake scored six goals in a league match for just the second time in franchise history and became the second team in MLS history to score six against the LA Galaxy in a stunning 6-2 victory on Independence Day evening at the StubHub Center.
Jefferson Savarino hit a pair of second-half goals. Ablert Rusnak, Kyle Beckerman, Yura Movsisyan and Joao Plata each added one goal apiece. Four of Salt Lake's six strikes came after halftime as the Claret and Cobalt halted a two-game losing skid.
LA previously lost 6-3 to FC Dallas in 2009, the same year that RSL routed the New England Revolution 6-0. Movsisyan scored for RSL in that match, also.
- LA:LA Galaxy players and coaches refuse to make excuses after blowout loss
- RSL:Kyle Beckerman says goal celebration a sign of respect for Robbie Keane
- 36' - RSL - Albert Rusnak Watch
- 41' - LA - Ashley Cole Watch
- 45'+1' - RSL - Kyle Beckerman Watch
- 62' - RSL - Yura Movsisyan Watch
- 72' - RSL - Jefferson Savarino Watch
- 77' - RSL - Jefferson Savarino Watch
- 80' - RSL - Joao Plata Watch
- 87' - LA - Bradford Jamieson Watch
THAT LOOKS (SORTA) FAMILIAR:
After Beckerman put RSL ahead from a corner kick in first-half stoppage time, he mimicked former Galaxy striker
tumbling, gun-shooting goal celebration
, albeit with some artistic license. Keane is tied for second with
for the Galaxy’s most goals league against RSL with five, and has seven in all competitions.
had nine in the league his career. Beckerman now has three career league goals against the Galaxy.