Previous Club: LA Galaxy
College: State Fair Community College
Hometown: New Rochelle, New York
Acquired: Acquired by the Rapids on December 14, 2012 from the LA Galaxy in exchange for a first round 2013 Supplemental Draft Pick and allocation money.
- Tied for second on the team in goals scored with five, including the game winner over his former team, LA Galaxy on Sept. 7.
- Scored in three consecutive games (8/17, 8/31, 9/7) for the first time since 2010.
- Made his 100th appearance of his Galaxy career on September 1, becoming the 19th player in LA history to reach that milestone.
- Won his first MLS Cup with LA in a 3-1 victory over Houston on December 1.
- Enjoyed his best season in MLS, scoring a career-high 17 goals to finish second in the league while being named the Galaxy MVP for the first time ever.
- An MLS All-Star for the second time in three years and a member of the MLS Best XI for the first time, Buddle scored each of LA’s first seven goals on the season and nine of their first 10.
- His goal at Chivas USA on 10/3 was the 40th of his Galaxy career, making him the first player in MLS history to score 40 or more goals for two different teams.
- Finished second on the Galaxy in scoring, tallying five goals in 19 games for the club.
- Buddle scored the game-winner on 6/6 at Toronto FC, becoming the 15th player in MLS history to score 70 career regular season goals.
- Buddle played the 200th regular season game of his career at New York on 7/16.
- In the playoffs, Buddle started all four of the Galaxy’s games, including MLS Cup where the team lost in a penalty shoot-out to Real Salt Lake
- Finished third in MLS with 15 goals.
- He was named to the MLS All-Star Team for the first time and entered the game as a second half sub in the 3-2 win over West Ham.
- Collected a pair of MLS Player of the Week awards after scoring hat tricks at FC Dallas on 5/18 and at San Jose on 6/14.
- Acquired by the Galaxy in mid-June from Toronto FC, Buddle went on to appear in 16 games for the club, tallying five goals to place second on the club for the season.
- He eclipsed the 10,000 career minutes played mark against Real Salt Lake on 9/1.
- Prior to joining the Galaxy, Buddle played 481 minutes in 10 games with Toronto FC, recording two assists.
- Was acquired by the Red Bulls prior to the start of the season and scored six goals in 28 games, playing a career-high 2,112 minutes during his only year in New York.
- Continued his strong form by scoring nine goals and adding two assists for the Crew, giving him 39 goals in four years.
- Scored 11 goals to lead the team while also adding a pair of assists as Columbus pulled off the longest unbeaten streak in MLS history at 18 games to win the Supporter’s Shield.
- Was twice named MLS Player of the Week, including once after scoring four goals in a 4-2 win over New York on 9/18.
- Recorded his first double digit goalscoring season, tallying 10 goals and four assists in just 16 starts for the Crew.
- He also scored four of the Crew’s six goals in the CONCACAF Champions Cup.
- Helped the Crew win the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup in his second season, tallying nine goals and a career-high five assists while beginning to establish himself as one of the top young forwards in MLS.
- After one season in the A-League, Buddle joined the Columbus Crew and tallied three goals in 17 appearances as a rookie.
- Made his MLS debut on 4/7 and scored the first goal of his career three games later at 5/16 at New England.
- Buddle has collected 11 caps with the U.S. National Team (as of January of 2014), scoring three times. He made his international debut on 3/29/03, coming on as a second half substitute in a 2-0 win over Venezuela.
- In South Africa for the 2010 World Cup, he played in two of four games for the U.S., coming on in the second half against England and Algeria.
- He played in four games for the U.S. in 2011, scoring in the 3-2 win in Slovenia on 11/15/11.
- Buddle also played for the U.S. at the U-18, U-20 and U-23 levels, including a trip to the 2001 FIFA World Youth Championships where he scored once in the 4-1 win over Chile.
- Joined FC Ingolstadt of the German 2. Bundesliga in January 2011, signing with the club on a free transfer. He scored on his debut for the club against MSV Duisberg and finished the season with three goals, helping Ingolstadt avoid relegation. He remained with the club for the first half of the 2011-12 season, scoring six times in 17 league games, and was released from his contract with the club in January 2012, allowing him to re-sign with the Galaxy.
- Buddle appeared in 26 games with Long Island Rough Riders of the A-League in 2000, helping them win the Northeast Division Title. His 11 goals and four assists led the team in scoring and allowed him to be named a finalist for the A-League Rookie of the Year award.
- Buddle played one season at State Fair Community College in Sedalia, Mo., helping lead the school to the 1999 NJCAA National Championship.
- He scored the title-clinching goal in sudden death overtime of the championship game, giving State Fair a 3-2 victory over Pima Community College.