The Chicago Fire are honoring their history while looking ahead to their future.
On Tuesday, the Fire unveiled their 2018 primary kit that "bridges past, present and future generations of champions and fans alike."
Notable features of the new primary kit include:
- A custom jocktag to honor the 20th Anniversary of the Fire's inaugural 1998 team that completed the historic "Double", winning both the 1998 MLS Cup and 1998 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup championships
- Double-white bars on front of jersey, recalling the club's inaugural 1998 kits
- White numbers, names and sleeve trim
- Blue shoulder striping, matching the secondary kit
- Six-pointed red stars lifted from the Chicago municipal flag on the back neck sign-off, with the distinct second star denoting the Great Chicago Fire of 1871
- 'FIRE' emblazoned on socks in distinctive Fire font
Fire fans can create their own "primary kit" custom wallpaper for their mobile device. Here are a couple of more looks at the new kit:
RELATED:List of 2018 MLS Jerseys