The 2020 USL season kicks off on Friday night, which should be of particular interest to MLS fans who take an interest in watching younger players rise through the ranks of the lower divisions to the first tier.
Some 14 MLS teams operate clubs in the USL Championship and League One, and four more have affiliates in those leagues.
Here's the complete list of MLS-USL club relationships for the 2020 season:
- Atlanta United: Atlanta United 2
- Colorado Rapids: Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- DC United: Loudoun United
- Houston Dynamo: Rio Grande Valley FC
- LA Galaxy: LA Galaxy II
- New York Red Bulls: New York Red Bulls II
- Philadelphia Union: Philadelphia Union II
- Portland Timbers: Portland Timbers 2
- Real Salt Lake: Real Monarchs SLC
- San Jose Earthquakes: Reno 1868 FC
- Sporting Kansas City: Sporting KC II
- Seattle Sounders: Tacoma Defiance
- Chicago Fire FC: Forward Madison
- FC Dallas: North Texas SC
- Inter Miami CF: Fort Lauderdale CF
- New England Revolution: New England Revolution II
- Orlando City SC: Orlando City B
- Toronto FC: Toronto FC II
NOTE: * denotes a club that operates as an independent affiliate. ** denotes a club that operates as a hybrid affiliate.