Austin FC's under-construction soccer-specific stadium has its new name, as the 2021 expansion side announced Monday it has entered into a multiyear stadium naming rights partnership with Q2 Holdings, Inc., an Austin-based financial experience company.
Austin FC’s stadium will be known as “Q2 Stadium,” which will become one of 20 soccer-specific stadiums featured within MLS in 2021. The venue is on schedule to be completed in spring 2021.
“Establishing a long-term stadium naming rights partnership with an Austin-based company that is committed to using this platform to give back to the community was the club's top priority,” Austin FC president Andy Loughnane said in Monday's release. “Q2 Stadium holds the distinction of being the first and only major league venue in Austin, and Austin FC is exceptionally proud to begin our MLS journey with Q2 as our partner and Q2 Stadium as our home.”
Q2 Stadium has been strategically designed to be a multipurpose venue, including other professional and amateur sporting events outside of soccer, concerts, community activities, cultural events and private functions such as corporate meetings and weddings.
Features of Q2 Stadium include:
- 20,500+ seats for MLS matches and most sporting event configurations, even larger capacity for most concert configurations
- Natural grass playing surface
- Future expansion capacity to construct a new seating deck affixed to the North Building which would add approximately 1,500 new seats to both the soccer and concert seating configurations
- Unique design and signature canopy structure which offers shade and coverage from inclement weather, alongside providing an unequaled event atmosphere
- Approximately 30% of Q2 Stadium seats (6,000 seats) feature breathable mesh seating technology which represents a commitment to guest comfort in addition to holding the distinction as the largest volume of breathable mesh seats installed in a major league venue in the world
- Four climate-controlled bars/club lounges for Austin FC matches and other special events (including community meetings)
- Public DAS (“Distributed Antenna System”) and WiFi systems throughout Q2 Stadium to boost connectivity and offer access to stadium technology features
- Large LED videoboard and interactive ribbon panel technology to further boost the fan experience
- The most advanced stadium lighting capabilities in the world as Q2 Stadium is the first stadium in the world to install 100% of the field lighting system with tunable RGB LED lights
- The Verde Store, the Austin FC retail space featuring the largest available selection of Austin FC merchandise, open on matchdays and non-matchdays;
- Eight acres of open and green space, including public accessibility trails and a performance and gathering area adjacent to Q2 Stadium
- Stadium and landscape designs showcase local materials and vegetation
- LEED certification status